ShadowDragon
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 06:21 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Guild: None

Rating: (100%)
100%100%100%

I'm in the process of adding items. Most of the code is in the editor.

I'm just having trouble with making a user-friendly interface for editting items. Any ideas? I was planning on making files for all the items and storing them on the server. Then you would input the filename(s) of all the items you want to be sold at that store. The problem with that is not everyone's going to know the item filenames -.-. So...I'm open to suggestions.

You'll be able to set custom prices at the market. Alternatively, you can use the default price. For official maps, I'd suggest leaving it at the default price.

For the next alpha, I plan to expand the maps. We will have two new towns. Each town will have a marketplace with different items. That's what's planned anyway...it's going to be difficult to allow custom scripting of items >.<.

EDIT: Read post below.

This post has been edited by ShadowDragon on Sep 2 2006, 06:27 AM

--------------------
.: Sanctuary Project Director :.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ShadowDragon
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 06:26 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Guild: None

Rating: (100%)
100%100%100%

Er...Kinda just figured it out. There will be a seperate dialog that will allow you to script the item. Same scripting language as the editor uses. I'm still open to suggestions though in case someone has a better idea.

If you choose to create a new item with the editor though, it'll produce an item file. You need to send me the item file and save it on the server.

If it's not the official Sanctuary server, send it to the server admin. Now that I think about it, anyone interested in running their own server? o.O I'm thinking about starting to advertise again. You'll be responsible for advertising your own server though. I'll only be advertising Sanctuary itself.

--------------------
.: Sanctuary Project Director :.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RocketShadow
Posted: Sep 3 2006, 03:41 PM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

The Cloaked Schemer
Group Icon

Guild: (dissolved) New Rome, Ohio

Rating: (50%)
50%50%50%

QUOTE (ShadowDragon @ Sep 2 2006, 06:26 AM)
If it's not the official Sanctuary server, send it to the server admin. Now that I think about it, anyone interested in running their own server? o.O I'm thinking about starting to advertise again. You'll be responsible for advertising your own server though. I'll only be advertising Sanctuary itself.

Erm, I could not. The best computer in the house (that I only have access to once in a thousand seasons anyways) currently has harddrive failures. My computer ...yuck.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
Bashou
Posted: Sep 4 2006, 06:26 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Alex Dunlop

Guild:

Rating: (0%)
%0%0%

I'm pretty sure I'll run a private server once it comes out, maybe try out some fun stuff with my friends. We'd probably just spawn things and kill them, teleport around, and spawn strong items, then kill each other.

(Heh, I'm sure you all are asking yourselves [unless you remember me], "Where the ###### did this guy come from?")

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterICQAOLYahooMSN
GB250
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 03:51 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Keezy
Group Icon

Guild: new rome lol

Rating: (50%)
50%50%50%

WTF? BASHOU POSTED?!

Welcome back, man! I hope you stay and post now and then.

--------------------
user posted image
Suffer the little creatures, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless.
-Druid's Call
PMEmail Poster
Bryan
Posted: Sep 28 2006, 09:08 PM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Boredom Sweet Boredom
Group Icon

Guild:

Rating: (0%)
%0%0%

QUOTE (Bashou @ Sep 4 2006, 06:26 AM)
I'm pretty sure I'll run a private server once it comes out, maybe try out some fun stuff with my friends. We'd probably just spawn things and kill them, teleport around, and spawn strong items, then kill each other.

(Heh, I'm sure you all are asking yourselves [unless you remember me], "Where the ###### did this guy come from?")

Lol not me.. I talk to you too much on msn.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options    Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0535 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]